Understanding the tax-systems and regulations in a foreign country can be a difficult and time-consuming process.
The Japan Tax and Public Procurement (JTPP) Helpdesk aims to support European SMEs with finding their way through the maze of regulations and procedures in Japan, enabling them to spend more time on engaging in their business.
For European SMEs who have registered with the EUbusinessinJapan.eu portal the following free services are available:
- Information Inquiry Service, with first reply within 48 hours;
- Ask-the-expert service, offering first-line advice on your more complex inquiries, and if necessary liaising with relevant experts;
- Practical guides and checklists;
- Information-clearing house on tax;
- Webinars provided by experts in the field.
- Twitter news service
Scope of services & disclaimer
Users of the services offered by JTPP Helpdesk should be aware that the services are limited to provision of first- line, general information and advice, as legal tax advice can only be given by attorneys and certified public tax accountants in Japan. In case of the necessity of detailed legal advice the Helpdesk establish contacts with legally certified experts.